This blog is a personal history of the Ramsay family and their wonderful, wild, weird, wacky life. Scott and I (Jackie) thank God for the 4 precious children He has entrusted to our care for a few short years. People have been telling me I should write a book containing all the goofy things that are said or take place around our house, so here goes...



Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tea Party

     Scott decided to take the boys to Awana tonight, but didn't take Tirzah.  She was crying very hard as he pulled out, so I told her to dry it up and we'd do something special.  She has been bugging me for the last week to have a tea party with the new tea pot I received, so I figured it would cheer her up,and it did.  We tidied up, put on a fancy tablecloth, warmed some cookies from the freezer, lit the candle, and were almost ready when Scott called.  He said the boys were settled, and he was headed home.  I told Tirzah, and acted excited, so we added a place setting.  She met him at the door and "invited" him to the tea party.  Aila joined us as well.  We used all the "fancy" dishes, including my antique tea cups, which Tirzah was allowed to choose for each guest, Aila excepted.  It was our supper, as well, so we started with a small bowl of soup, along with some crackers and "spray" cheese.  The height of elegance!  Along with the tea, we had ginger cookies and buttered panetonne.  Scott was amused, and Tirzah enjoyed it fully.
     The tea cups we used were from my Grandma Preston, whom I adored as a girl.  She kept the fragile china cups and saucers up on the very top shelf of her cupboard, and I only saw them on a few occasions.  I remember always wanting to get them out and have tea, but she never wanted to bother.  Probably didn't want to risk breakage.  (not that I blame her)  However, I knew it would mean so much to a certain little Miss if I allowed her to use one that it was worth the risk.  She was super careful, and pointed out to me a couple of times that she wasn't going to break her tea cup.  :-)  After all, what's more precious: the memory of Tirzah sipping tea with a smile on her face or a set of perfect china that never got used?

No comments:

Post a Comment