This blog is a personal history of the Ramsay family and their wonderful, wild, weird, wacky life. Scott and I (Jackie) thank God for the 4 precious children He has entrusted to our care for a few short years. People have been telling me I should write a book containing all the goofy things that are said or take place around our house, so here goes...



Saturday, January 7, 2012

1/7/2012

     So, this is my first time ever trying a blog.  I intend to use this primarily as an online place to journal the funny and crazy things my children say and do each day, which, frankly, are numerous, and I sooo want to be able to recount them as the kids move through the various stages of childhood.  I have this fear of forgetting all the wonderful, wacky things that go on routinely at our house, and want to make use of this space to keep a little family history.  As of today, Caelin is 9 1/2, Levi is 5 1/2, Tirzah is 3, and Aila is 9 months.   

     Today was Saturday.  Scott was off work, so we had a nice breakfast and talked a while about home improvement projects.  Scott was a little distracted, having to preach tomorrow.  We decided to go into Potsdam to Northern Music, Wear on Earth, and then the kiddos and I walked to the Co-op.  I am gathering ingredients to try some Indian recipes in the cookbook I got for Christmas.  Then it was a late lunch at Pizza Hut and the usual junk at Walmart.  Poor Aila is teething and not enjoying it, Tirzah has had a fever since Thursday.  I have been trying to get a bunch of scrapbooking done before we go to Ohio, but have managed to only do a few pages.
     Tonight, as I tucked Tirzah into bed, she asked, "Did Levi have a food sleeper like me when he was a girl?"

     Last night, Scott stayed at work late, trying to complete his sermon, so the kids and I had dinner alone, then (as Mrs. Thompson, my alter-ego) was invited to a tea party in the boys room.  I brought the tea and cookies and treats.  Tirzah had her tea pot and said she was pouring me some garlic tea.  I said, "Yuck!"  Levi exclaimed, "Terriblous gross!"  My invitation to the event came via the "mail system" operated through the boys floor register.  They lower a small gift bag on a piece of yarn, and yell "Jingle Bells!" when I have a delivery.  When I put something in, I pull on the string 3 times to signify they should hoist it up.  I also had a delivery of Mr. Chips, the battery-operated chipmunk, amongst other things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment