This blog is a personal history of the Ramsay family and their wonderful, wild, weird, wacky life. Scott and I (Jackie) thank God for the 4 precious children He has entrusted to our care for a few short years. People have been telling me I should write a book containing all the goofy things that are said or take place around our house, so here goes...



Monday, January 9, 2012

A Simple Shower

     It seemed a simple thing, really.  I was dirty, and we happen to have hot, running water in our house.  Unfortunately, all 3 older children were already up.  Itold them to have some breakfast and had just gotten in the shower when Tirzah comes in.  Fine.  "Shut the door," I say.  She has figured out how to lock the door and is pleased the boys can't get in, as am I.   She keeps trying to talk to me, which, again, would be fine, except she thinks she needs to pull the shower curtain back to be able to speak. 
     Somehow Levi gets in, demanding help peeling his orange.  "I'm not exactly in a position to peel it right now." I reply.  He then reports that Tirzah is spraying the door with air freshener.  "I'm wiping it." she calls.  He leaves. Moments later, Caelin yanks the door ope, wafting in cold air.  "Levi is clawing me!"  I cut his story short, "I'll be out in a minute." I say. He informs me, "I'll tell you the whole story of what's going on when you get out."  Great.  I can't wait.   I'm drying off when the door starts creaking open.  "Keep that door shut!" I yell in a preemptive effort to keep some heat in.  Levi yells "Caelin has a pancake shaped like a cross!"  Great.  I am thrilled.  
     When I emerge from the bathroom, clean and dressed, Tirzah has her play dust mop, attempting to clean the woodstove.  "Don't touch that to the hot woodstove," I advise, "it will melt."  This led to a conversation regarding natural vs. man-made materials and whether they would burn or melt.  Thoughtfully Levi asks, "Why can't materials be girl-made?"  LOL  I think it's time to make the coffee! 

1 comment: