This blog is a personal history of the Ramsay family and their wonderful, wild, weird, wacky life. Scott and I (Jackie) thank God for the 4 precious children He has entrusted to our care for a few short years. People have been telling me I should write a book containing all the goofy things that are said or take place around our house, so here goes...



Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Butcher Strikes Again

     We've been on a family trip to Ohio, which seemed extra far away this time.  13 hours in the van is not for the faint of heart!  If I had a quarter foe every time Levi did something to bug someone, I'd be a millionaire.  Overall though, the trip was OK.  We were able to spend time with Scott's mom and step-dad, brother and his wife, and Uncle Paul, which really was the point of the trip.  We also hit up the Goodwill in Wadsworth and scored some good deals. 
     The day we were packing to leave, Levi bursts from the schoolroom with a handful of hair, announcing, "Look what Tirzah did!"  That's right, she chopped her hair.  Again.  This time her hair was in two pigtails and she hacked off about 3/4ths of the right one.  I almost cried.  It's been just over a month since the last scissor run-in, the day she massacred her bangs hours before the annual family photo shoot.  This time, though, the damge had to be repaired, and we took her to the Walmart salon in Wadsworth as soon as we could.  The result is not as short as I had feared, and actually pretty cute.  (Though I'll not tell her so until she's a teen-ager!)
     Some funny Tirzah moments from the car trip include her talking about a "sober-toothed cat", and randomly calling out, "...in my suitcase I'm gonna pack...".  And, of course, the ever-popular, "I'm peeing!", striking fear in the hearts of dads everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment