This blog is a personal history of the Ramsay family and their wonderful, wild, weird, wacky life. Scott and I (Jackie) thank God for the 4 precious children He has entrusted to our care for a few short years. People have been telling me I should write a book containing all the goofy things that are said or take place around our house, so here goes...



Monday, April 2, 2012

Our Day

     We all slept in this morning, after a busy weekend, and a late night last night.  School was a bit delayed and rather hectic, as I tried to get the laundry done as well.  Levi was doing his math, counting by 10's starting with various numbers.  He was saying 26,36,46,56, etc, in an ever-increasing tone and pitch.  When he got to 86, he was straining, and I braced myself for the final one, 96.  All of a sudden , he drops his voice to a surprisingly deep tone, and says slowly and loudly, 96!  What a goof.  He was like a jack in the box all morning, although he did well in everything, and even read a library book to me. 
     After he was done, he went to the living room where Tirzah was "cooking".  He asked her what was for lunch.  "Banana pie." she answers.  Hmm, sounds good to me!  Levi for two days now has been walking around randomly calling out, "Milk a cow for Hospice!".  No one knows why.
     I read 2 more chapters of "Heidi" to the children; we have only one left to finish the book.  Tirzah has a terrible time sitting still, but seems to catch more than I imagined.  She walks around saying, "Schwanli and Barli" to her self.   (Those are the names of their goats.)  Levi keeps waiting for Peter the goatherd to get a whipping. 
     Caelin has fallen a bit behind in his social studies, so we are trying to make up some lessons.  We are studying economics and the Great Depression.  Today we made stock certificates and play money so we can buy, sell, and trade stock this week and see how we fare.  While he and I were doing this, it was strangely quiet.  Levi and Tirzah had been playing store so nicely; when I found them they were in the bathroom, painting their hands with red food coloring mixed with rubbing alcohol.  (insert yelling, followed by sigh of resignation) The laundry is still not done; it's in piles all over my bed.  The kitchen/dining room is a mess.  It is almost 5 and I haven't started dinner.  I got no nap today.  But it's always interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment