This blog is a personal history of the Ramsay family and their wonderful, wild, weird, wacky life. Scott and I (Jackie) thank God for the 4 precious children He has entrusted to our care for a few short years. People have been telling me I should write a book containing all the goofy things that are said or take place around our house, so here goes...



Thursday, April 5, 2012

Kids' Perspectives

     In the bathtub this morning, Tirzah was playing with some plastic cups.  "I'm making peace!" she says cheerfully.  "You're making what?" I ask, not sure what she said.  "Peace!" she responds.  I'm a little dense.  "You're making peace?" I ask, wondering what new kind of food that is.  "Yes! Like a peacemaker!" she clarifies.  OK, OK, I get it.  Maybe she's overheard a few of my talks with Levi?   A couple minutes later, she starts asking what things are for. "What's a house for?"  "What do you do with a house?" I prompt.  "Live in it." she responds.  "What are yours legs for?"  "What do you use your legs for?" I ask.  "To hold up yours buns!" she answers.  Of course.  What else?   ;-)
     Levi was working away on his subtraction drill this morning, when his head pops up and he bursts out, "I wish I could go to heaven right away, so I could see all my friends.  I looked in surprise, wondering what friends he's thinking of.  Then he continued, "Like Great Grandpa and Aunt Elaine."  There's no answer for that, just hugs.  :-)
     Speaking of perspectives, Aila is viewing the world right now from the confines of the pack n' play.  She is cheerful, however.  Her rampages of destruction have gotten a little out of hand, and a bit of structure might be just what the doctor ordered.  Now to put away the tapes, CD's, cat food, Uno game, clean dishcloths, dirty laundry, books and toys she has scattered!

No comments:

Post a Comment