This blog is a personal history of the Ramsay family and their wonderful, wild, weird, wacky life. Scott and I (Jackie) thank God for the 4 precious children He has entrusted to our care for a few short years. People have been telling me I should write a book containing all the goofy things that are said or take place around our house, so here goes...



Thursday, June 7, 2012

Where there's smoke alarms, there's no fire.

     We have a super sensitive smoke alarm in the kitchen; it goes off almost anytime the oven is turned higher than 375. It in fact, went off tonight, when I checked on the fish fillets and tater tots. The boys heard and came in asking if dinner was about ready. I would like to point out the irony, however, that when the grease from the fish ran off the edge of the cookie sheet and actually caught fire..... NOTHING.  No smoke alarm. I smelled it and saw flames, quickly turned the oven and stovetop burner off (it's gas, and I didn't want to blow up) started hollering for Scott, who saved the day, pulling the stuff out and the flames burned out. Never dull at the Ramsays. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment