This blog is a personal history of the Ramsay family and their wonderful, wild, weird, wacky life. Scott and I (Jackie) thank God for the 4 precious children He has entrusted to our care for a few short years. People have been telling me I should write a book containing all the goofy things that are said or take place around our house, so here goes...



Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Reports, Raisins, and Rough Days

    Caelin finished his very first research report today.  Whew!  It has been quite a process.  First looking at the instructions and examples in the book, he was overwhelmed.  He picks a topic, Henry Ford. (it had to be person)  He requested books from the library all by himself, and read them- no problem.  Then the tricky part: notes and an outline, and writing the actual report.  He polished up the rough draft today, included photos,made a title page (with a font that looks like how they write Ford!)  and put it all together.  I was quite pleased how he did.  I scored it with the checklist from the book; he ended up with a 92.  Not sure if that's lenient, but it seems like he did a great job for 5th grade English; he's only 10.  Sometimes I can't believe how much he can do.  Other times, I can't believe how much of a goof he is.  The scary part is how much he is just like I was: academically advanced, but socially oblivious.  :-)
     Tirzah helped me make cookies this evening.  She dumps the ingredients in and operates the Kitchen Aid.  As we added the raisins, I said, "We don't want too many."  "But I like too many!" Tirzah objects.
     I should record an incident from last week.  All the kiddos were outside; I was getting the clothes off the clothesline.  When I came in, I asked Caelin to watch Aila.  He was in the hammock with a book; I should have known better!  I take the clothes to my room and as I begin to fold them, I  look out the window at the swing set just in time to see Aila hit the ground.  In a split second, I comprehend what has happened.  Aila ran behind Levi on the swing and got clobbered.  I can see Levi holding his legs out straight in front of him, and reading his face, he is unsure of what to do.  He wants to get her, but realizes if he puts his legs down, he'll whack her again.  Thankfully, she didn't try to get right up.  In a moment, I am out the door and at the swing set.  Levi is shaken up a bit.  "I couldn't slow down, cuz I couldn't put my legs down! She ran in back of me and I didn't see her!"  I reassured him that it was an accident, and he had done alright.  Poor Pudgy Bunny had a bad scrape on her head from a rock.  I will not be recommending Caelin as a babysitter anytime soon. 
    As a note, Levi is actually a very good baby sitter.  He is more likely to play with her cheerfully than Caelin.  He is maturing, and I am very thankful.  He had an unusually rough morning yesterday; dis- obedience, bad attitudes, stirring up strife, and even lying.  After going round and round, he was sent back to his room, where he was supposed to be cleaning.  I went in after a few minutes, and he had fallen asleep on the bed. That would explain a good portion of his behavior, I thought.  When he woke up an hour and a half later, his demeanor was greatly improved.  Keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment