This blog is a personal history of the Ramsay family and their wonderful, wild, weird, wacky life. Scott and I (Jackie) thank God for the 4 precious children He has entrusted to our care for a few short years. People have been telling me I should write a book containing all the goofy things that are said or take place around our house, so here goes...



Tuesday, June 26, 2012

How things work by Levi Ramsay

    While we were camping last week, Scott was going step by step through the story of David and Goliath, which Levi claimed was his favorite Bible story. Scott was asking him questions as they went. "David had a sling. What is a sling used for?" he asked. Levi promptly replied, "To carry babies." 
    At supper last night, the boys went to remove what were supposed to be clean dishes from the dishwasher.  They started exclaiming  that the dishes were disgusting, filthy, etc.  I shut the door, turned the power on, and it started up, mid-cycle.  "Someone must have pushed the off button." I declared.  "I think it flipped the circus breaker." chimed in Levi.  "Like when Mama uses the microwave and the dishwasher at the same time, it flips the circus breaker."

   Last Friday, we were pressed to get everything organized and get out of the house for a dr, appointment and then pick Scott up in Chateauguay and head to Plattsburgh for a cook-out and overnight stay followed by biking the Missisquoi Trail.. One can imagine how many things I was oraganizing and trying not to forget. The children were all clean, and the boys were wearing their matching shirt my mom gave them.  At noon, I planned on eating lunch and getting the kids out the door by 1:00.  Simple, right? 
    I had sent Levi out to puit something in the van with instructions to come back immediately after.  Again, seems simple.  However, as I put the sandwiches on the table, I notice he never made a re-appearance.  A secong later, he is in the bathroom washing his hands, which were covered in something that wasn't coming off.  Oh boy.  It proved to be Crisco.  Levi admitted that he and Tirzah had some in the garage.  I was not impressed, as I helped him wash.  Caelin comes in with the full report.  Apparently the two naughty ones had used the shortening to "paint" the wood splitter, which as a side note, is borrowed from Scott's work.  I regret to say, I lost my cool, and my parenting was not at its best.  I also may have strained some blood vessels in my neck, raising my voice to an unusual level.  There was some unpleasantness indicated for a couple of sets of buns that day. Levi was sent, post-haste with a roll of paper towels to clean up the wood splitter, and I got Tirzah washed and changed.  Their clothes were stained, to boot.  These are the times I want to be able to bring up when Levi graduates from medical school one day, proving that he is responsible for my mental state.

No comments:

Post a Comment